Cleaning up a tractor fire in Sandy Hook, CT
A spontaneous fire of a parked tractor in the garage of a Sandy Hook, CT home is an example of how random home disasters can be. Luckily, the fire itself was extinguished prior to spreading throughout the house. However, the smoke came through the ceiling of the garage and in to the padding and carpeting in the den on the main level, which was the room above it. The technical term for this is filtration. We boarded up the exposed areas of the home - the garage door and windows. The garage required demolition and we cleaned affected personal items that were in a basement storage area. Upstairs on the main level, we removed and cleaned some padding, carpeting and walls. We used air scrubbers to clean the air and rid the area of odors.